Do you have big goals?
Big things that you want to change in your life? If so, I want to shift your thinking today. Because, often we get caught up in the big changes. We lose sight of the little things and don’t consider the impact that even small steps can make in our lives.
Today, I want you to change 5 little things in your day.
Change… Just a Little Bit
Change is hard. In fact, most people don’t change.
Have you ever run into someone after several years of not seeing them?
They are usually the exact same person.
Appearance, dress, personality, and behavior. Maybe a little older, a little rounder, or less hair. Yet, the same as when you saw them last. That is why we are impressed when we see someone who has made dramatic change in their life.
“The most powerful people are those who can change themselves.” So, how do you make change? Bit by bit. Step by step. And little by little.
Make Little Changes
We get so caught up in the big picture that we fail to see the small things we need to change. Change doesn’t require large leaps, but rather small steps. Concentrate on the little things each and every day.
What are some small things that you could change in your life?
Here are a few little suggestions of things that you could change today:
- Read 20 pages of a book
- Exercise, even if it is just to take a quick walk
- Take your vitamins
- Learn 1 new thing
- Write a few sentences in your journal
- Don’t complain
- Compliment someone who is deserving
- Tell someone you love them (this little thing is often overlooked)
- Introduce yourself to someone you have encountered multiple times but yet still don’t know their name
- Take a different route to work…even if it is just the stairs vs. the elevator
- Bite your tongue when you shouldn’t be speaking
- Smile, even during tough situations
- Have a positive attitude, no matter the circumstances
- Be on time
- Drink water
- Get up early…or go to bed before it is too late
- Prepare for tomorrow today
- Take 1 step to make your goals closer
Don’t think big…think about something small that you can change today.
Take 5 Small Steps Today
It is good to aim high and stretch yourself. Be sure to make your challenges reasonable and easily attainable. This way you won’t set yourself up for disappointment. If you only make 3 small changes today, tomorrow is another day. Start again the next day. I challenge you to pick 5 small changes to make in your life today.